The third edition of the biggest online shopping festival in India ‘Great Online Shopping Festival’ just got over. India’s biggest and the most loved Coupon destination CouponzGuru saw an increase of 60% in the traffic over the three day period starting from 10th December. And over 12,000 coupons were used, which is almost twice the daily average at CouponzGuru.
The response for GOSF 2014 was a little underwhelming as compared to last year, because the discounts offered by merchants did not match up to the hype, and most of the online retailers offered almost similar discounts which they usually offer. Moreover, Flipkart’s staying out of this event was a setback for everyone. According to Vikash Khetan, CEO, CouponzGuru, the offers given by the companies, particularly Amazon and Snapdeal, were much better during the Diwali Sale season this year. However, non online products like HDFC reality funds became a focus this year instead of core e-commerce offerings.
“GOSF as expected saw an excellent increase in traffic as well as sales, however this year’s GOSF was not a big hit amongst buyers (compared to last year) because the discounts offered by merchants was moreover the usual discount they offer.” says Vikash.
Please find ahead the compiled data for GOSF 2014 from CouponzGuru.
Most Popular Categories on CouponzGuru
● Fashion - It was led by Jabong, which saw a 250% increase in takers.
● Electronics - It was led neck-to-neck by eBay, Amazon and Snapdeal
● Amazon coupons clubbed with HDFC offer performed well
Traffic on CouponzGuru
● CouponzGuru saw an increase of around 60% in overall traffic.
● Almost 12000 coupons were used during GOSF 2014, which is almost twice the daily average at CouponzGuru.
● Delhi & NCR Led the traffic, followed by Bangalore