State Bank of India
SBI STAND ALONE RESULTS
Q3FY16 OVER Q3FY15
· Interest Income on Advances increased from Rs.28,646 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.28,860 Crores in Q3FY16 (0.75%YOY growth). The lower growth is due to reduction in Base Rate by 70 bps during the year (15 bps in April, 15 bps in and 40 bps in ).
· Interest Income on Resources Operations increased from Rs.9,170 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.10,814 Crores in Q3FY16 (17.93%YOY growth).
· Total Interest Income increased from Rs.38,546 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.40,553 Crores in Q3FY16 (5.21 %YOY growth)
· Interest Expenses on Deposits increased from Rs.22,816 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.24,919 Crores in Q3FY16 ( 9.22 %YOY growth).
· Total Interest Expenses increased from Rs.24,770 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.26,947 Crores in Q3FY16 (8.79 %YOY growth).
· Net Interest Income declined by 1.24% from Rs.13,777 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.13,606 Crores in Q3FY16, primarily due to reduction of 70 bps in Base Rate.
· Non Interest Income increased by 17.94% from Rs.5,238 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.6,178 Crores in Q3FY16 driven by YOY increase of 34.33% (Rs.316 Crores) in Profit on Sale of Investments and growth in Fee Income of 6.65%.
· Operating Income increased by 4.05% from Rs.19,014 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.19,784 Crores in Q3FY16.
· Staff Expenses increased from Rs.5,842 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.6,123 Crores in Q3FY16 (4.80 %YOY increase).
· Overhead Expenses contained at 7.35 % YOY.
· Operating Expenses increased from Rs.9,627 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.10,186 Crores in Q3FY16 ( 5.80 %YOY growth).
· Operating Profit increased by 2.25 % from Rs.9,387 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.9,598 Crores in Q3FY16.
· Net Profit declined by 61.67% from Rs.2,910 Crores in Q3FY15 to Rs.1,115 Crores in Q3FY16. Bank has recognized the provisioning impact in line with RBI’s Asset Quality Review as per the agreed time-frame.
9MFY16 OVER 9MFY15
· Interest Income on Advances increased from Rs.84,075 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.86,424 Crores in 9MFY16 (2.79 %YOY growth).
· Interest income on Resources Operations increased from Rs.26,224 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.31,812 Crores in 9MFY16 (21.31% YOY growth).
· Interest paid on deposits increased from Rs.65,963 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.73,762 Crores in 9MFY16 (11.82 %YOY growth).
· Non Interest Income increased from Rs.14,061 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.17,463 Crores in 9MFY16 ( 24.20%YOY growth).
· Staff Expenses increased from Rs.16,971 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.18,171 Crores in 9MFY16 ( 7.07%YOY increase).
· Operating Expenses contained at 8.70 % YOY.
· Operating Profit increased from Rs.26,778 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.29,066 Crores in 9MFY16. (8.55% YOY growth)
· Net Profit declined by 7.19% from Rs.9,360 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.8,687 Crores in 9MFY16.
· Gross NPA is up by 20 bps at 5.10% in as against 4.90% in
· Net NPA is up by 9 bps at 2.89% in as against 2.80% in
· Provision Coverage Ratio up by 167 bps at 65.23% in as against 63.56% in
· Deposits of the Bank increased from Rs.15,10,077 Crores in to Rs.16,71,416 Crores in (10.68 %.YOY growth)
· Savings Bank deposits increased from Rs.5,09,274 Crores in to Rs.5,68,378 Crores in (11.61% YOY growth) .
· Current Account deposits increased from Rs.94,363 Crores in to Rs.1,05,925 Crores in (12.25 % YOY growth) .
· CASA Ratio improved from 42.58% in to 42.70% in
· Gross Advances increased from Rs.12,65,483 Crores in
Crores in (12.88 % YOY growth). to Rs.14,28,495
· Large Corporate advances increased from Rs.2,49,718 Crores in to Rs.3,01,166 Crores in (20.60 % YOY growth).
· Mid-Corporate Advances increased from Rs.2,10,583 Crores in to Rs.2,13,777 Crores in ( 1.52 % YOY growth).
· Retail Personal advances increased from Rs.2,60,226 Crores in to Rs.3,08,266 Crores in (18.46 % YOY growth). Home loans increased from Rs.1,52,905 Crores in to Rs.1,79,683 Crores in (17.51 % YOY growth).
· SME Advances increased from Rs.1,67,942 Crores in to Rs.1,81,922 Crores in (8.32%YOY growth).
· Agri advances increased from Rs.1,20,447 Crores in to Rs.1,21,102 Crores in .
· International advances increased from Rs.2,24,673 Crores in to Rs.2,65,702 Crores in ( 18.26 % YOY growth).
KEY FINANCIAL RATIOS (SBI):
· Capital Adequacy Ratio under Basel III improved to 12.45% in from 12.03% in .
· Average Cost of Deposits declined to 6.26 % in Dec 15 from 6.37% in Dec 14.
· Domestic NIM declined to 3.22% in from 3.50% in , whereas Foreign offices NIM improved to 1.34% in from 1.19% in . Whole Bank NIM declined to 2.93% in from 3.12% in
· Cost to Income Ratio moved from 50.74% in to 50.78% in
· Return on Assets is lower at 0.55 % in Dec 15 against 0.68 % in Dec 14.
- Return on Equity is lower at 9.65 % in Dec 15 against 11.12% in .
Performance of Associate Banks
- State Bank of Travancore registered a Net Profit of Rs.276 Crores in 9MFY16 up from Rs.144 Crores in 9MFY15 (91.97 %YOY growth).
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur registered a Net Profit of Rs.657 Crores in 9M FY16 against Rs.497 Crores in 9M FY15 ( 32.37 % YOY growth).
- State Bank of Mysore registered a Net Profit of Rs.253 Crores in 9MFY16 against Rs.273 Crores in 9MFY 15 (YOY decline of 7.27%).
- State Bank of Hyderabad posted a Net Profit of Rs.812 Crores in 9MFY16 from Rs.872 Crores in 9MFY15 (YOY decline of 6.87%).
- State Bank of Patiala posted a Net Loss of Rs.467 Crores in 9MFY16 from Rs.236 Crores in 9MFY15.
· Gross NPAs for all Associate Banks declined from 5.39% in 9MFY15 to 5.23% in 9MFY16 while Net NPAs declined from 3.30% in 9MFY15 to 2.92% in 9MFY16.
· Net Profit (after minority interest) of SBI Group declined from Rs 12,300 Crores in 9MFY15 to Rs.10,965 Crores in 9MFY16 ( YOY decline of 10.86%).
Details of Profit and Loss account for stand alone are as follows:
(Rs. In Crores)
Growth Q3FY16 Over Q3FY15
Interest on Advances
Interest on Resources Operations
Others Sundry Interest
Total Interest Income
Total Interest Expenses
Net Interest Income