Thane, Flipkart, India’s homegrown e-commerce marketplace, is committed to ensuring the safety of its employees, including wishmasters and supply chain executives, in the fight against COVID-19.
It is continuously monitoring the situation and has implemented various safety and precautionary measures across its supply chain assets.
For its wishmasters and supply chain executives, Flipkart has organized more than 3,000 awareness sessions covering 100k + people across its facilities on how to minimize their exposure by following simple precautionary measures.
In addition to these, Flipkart is exhibiting a Culture of Care by conducting doctor consultations at its various fulfilment centres. Under this program, over 1,000 supply chain executives have been given consultations by doctors across fulfilment centres in cities including Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai. These FCs have dedicated wellness centres for the employees where they are screened by the doctors. These consultations become important to give a sense of comfort to employees, clarify any myths and queries around the spread of COVID-19 and also help families of our staff become aware of the precautionary measures.
During these consultations, employees are also screened thoroughly for fever or any other flu like symptoms that they may have. While Flipkart is undertaking proactive measures to ensure the safety of its employees, the wishmasters and supply chain executives are already covered with both life and medical insurance.
Flipkart is also providing Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) including sanitizers and masks to its wishmasters and supply chain executives to minimize their exposure. Some important hygiene measures initiated by Flipkart include:
○ Mandatory temperature screening using infra-red thermometers for all employees and vendors
○ Thorough cleaning of facilities with disinfectant is carried actively to ensure a safe work environment. Deep fumigation is carried out regularly
○ Availability of antibacterial soap and hand sanitizers at the entry point of each facility
○ Advisories to all employees and staff on maintaining social distancing of 6 feet all the time at the premises, adhering to washing of hands and hygiene measures before entering the warehouses, fulfillment centres and other premises
○ Educational posters in regional languages at all facilities to constantly remind staff of the safety measures
○ Frequent sanitization of surfaces at entry points is being done, and this precautionary measure is extended to trolley handles, lift switches, equipments and doorknobs
○ All employees are also mandated to follow Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines including the mandatory use of Aarogya Setu app
Flipkart, as a committed corporate citizen, is constantly evaluating its preparedness in the fight against COVID-19 to ensure the safety of its employees and consumers. We are ensuring that all preventive measures and safety precautions are implemented and thoroughly followed at all our facilities across the country. We’ve also been strictly adhering to all the guidelines announced by the Government of India, and in collaboration with all State Governments and local authorities and we will continue to prioritise employee wellbeing as we serve our consumers through our sanitized supply chain and a safe last-mile delivery processes.