We refer to a few news items that have appeared this morning relating to the ongoing deposition by David Headley, in which a reference has been made about release of funds received by him through a branch of IndusInd Bank.
In this regard, the Bank wishes to clarify as under:
1. In 2006, the Bank, under a money transfer arrangement, duly approved by regulators, handled a few inward remittances under the Money Transfer Service Scheme (MTSS), in the normal course of business, in October --November.
2. As per the regulatory guidelines in force, cash was handed over to David Headley after completing due diligence.
3. The Bank obtained the required documents, including a copy of his passport, issued by the US authorities, and valid from March 2006 to March 2016.
4. There were investigations by national agencies between 2009 and 2011 and the KYC documents were produced before them.
5. The Bank wishes to reiterate that it has not opened any account in the name of David Headley, and has not handled any other business for him.
All rumours circulating or suggesting otherwise are not true.
About IndusInd Bank
IndusInd Bank, which commenced operations in 1994, caters to the needs of both consumer and corporate customers. Its technology platform supports multi-channel delivery capabilities. As on December 31, 2015, IndusInd Bank has 905 branches, and 1621 ATMs spread across 568 geographical locations of the country. The Bank also has representative offices in London, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The Bank believes in driving its business through technology. It enjoys clearing bank status for both major stock exchanges - BSE and NSE - and major commodity exchanges in the country, including MCX, NCDEX, and NMCE. IndusInd Bank on April 1, 2013 was included in the NIFTY 50 benchmark index. Recently, IndusInd Bank ranked 13th amongst the Top 50 Most Valuable Indian Brands 2015 as per the BrandZ Top 50 rankings powered by WPP and Millward Brown.