In view of the extreme hardships faced by the people in Chennai and few other flood affected districts State Bank of India, as a responsible Corporate citizen has taken immediate measures as below:
- Cash was made available to the needy customers at their doorsteps in the affected localities by opening cash points through innovative modes viz., Boats, Autorickshaws, Mobile Vans, Mobile ATM, Handheld devices and Business Correspondents.
- Staff members at the branches have volunteered to work during late hours as well. Several branches in the affected areas are opened on Sunday to make cash available to the public.
- SBI has also undertaken various relief measures such as distribution of Food, Water, Blankets, Medicines and utensils in the affected districts by procuring from nearby unaffected districts.
- We are also conducting Health Awareness camps and medical camps.
- In view of extensive damage to property and personal assets, as a goodwill gesture SBI has decided a) waiver of penalty for late payment of EMI for November and December for Home/Car/Personal Loans, b) waiver of processing fee for loans for home top up/Gold Loan/Personal Loans (salary loans)/Pension loans, c) extension of Special soft loans for Car repairs, and salary advance loans for 3 months salary.
- For speedier settlement of claims for Life/Injury/Property under policies of SBI Life and SBI General Insurance, help desks have been provided at the branches.
Entire team of SBI is committed to stand by the people of Tamil Nadu in this hour of crisis.
For further details:
Mr. Ramesh Babu, CGM - Chennai, State Bank of India
+91 - 7506363022