· Event held to create a London-Bangalore community of technology leaders
· Announces the head of TLA Bangalore Working Group – Aftab Malhotra, Founder, GrowthEnabler
30 SEPTEMBER – MUMBAI–‘Tech London Advocates’ (TLA), an independent network of Tech Experts, Investors and Professionals, hosted its first event in Bangalore today titled, ‘Bangalore: Global Technology Success Forum’. The event, which was organised in partnership with GrowthEnabler, Unicorn India Ventures and Inc42, marked the formation of a London-Bangalore community of technology leaders – TLA Bangalore Working Group. Aftab Malhotra, Founder, GrowthEnabler, was named as the head of the newly formed group.
TLA aims to establish a close relationship between Bangalore and London entrepreneurs, supporting and encouraging the Indian governments’ efforts in promoting skill development and entrepreneurship. The proposed collaboration between London and Bangalore tech community is intended to provide business opportunities as well as access to talent, expertise and knowledge-sharing.
“London and Bangalore are united by fast growing digital industries, with technology starting to define both business landscapes. It is fascinating to explore the similarities and differences between these two success stories and understand what London can learn from Bangalore’s response to challenges around talent, office space and funding,” Russ Shaw, Founder of Tech London Advocates.
Aftab Malhotra, Founder, GrowthEnabler said, “When we founded GrowthEnabler and decided to begin operating in Bangalore, it was majorly because of the explosive growth rate of start-ups in the city. The sheer scale of entrepreneurs looking to start and grow technology companies is staggering and opportunity for investment is immense in this city.”
“London is known for innovation and creativity, however, struggles to produce the talent required to fuel the fast growth businesses. On the other hand, the number of technology professionals with world class expertise makes Bangalore one of the most exciting tech capitals in the world. Such a collaboration between two such promising cities can be a significant boon to not just the start-up ecosystem, but also the greater vision of making India the manufacturing capital of the world”, he added.
The event saw more than 100 technology entrepreneurs from London and Bangalore, who came together to discuss the challenges and opportunities faced by both these cities, and to encourage greater partnership between these leading tech hubs.
The TLA Bangalore working group will be specifically designed to achieve the following:
· Introduce Bangalore entrepreneurs to VC firms and investors based in Europe and the UK
· Provide advice and clarity around UK immigration legislation for Bangalore entrepreneurs looking to expand into London
· Identify and promote solutions for the private sector to address the challenges faced by digital businesses in Bangalore around talent, access to funding and infrastructure
· Champion the sectors and businesses in Bangalore that are becoming the city’s great success stories
· Provide a network of contacts for British entrepreneurs looking to operate in Bangalore
· Deliver a strong message to local government about the challenges being faced by digital entrepreneurs in Bangalore to inform policymakers
Tech London Advocates: Global Technology Success, is the latest overseas event conducted by the organisation, following successful events in London, San Francisco and New York. Connecting London’s technology sector to other hubs around the world is a key objective of the group.