Holi is a festival of fun and frolic. But some precautions are mandatory as otherwise you may land up in trouble.
Dr Himanshu Mehta, Chairman & MD, The Vission Eye Center, Mumbai, shares some tips that can help you to protect your eyes during the Holi:
· Firstly remove your contact lenses before stepping out to play Holi.
· If the colour gets in your eyes, thoroughly wash your eyes with clean water immediately.
· Do not put any steroids in the eyes.
· Use of Hard Colours, Gulaal could be a toxic for Cornea which could result in temporary visual distraction
· Water balloons if hit directly to your eyes can cause a serious eye injury or permanent blindness. Water balloon injury to eyes can be compared with getting hit with a missile.
· If you feel any signs like decreased vision, swelling or pain in your eyes, visit an eye doctor immediately
· A minor girl had lost her permanent vision in Holi festival, 15 years back as someone had put Calcium Carbonate Chuna. Please do not indulge in such activities.
· Eyes are Gods gift to mankind. Take care of them.
Dr. Himanshu Mehta, Chairman & MD, The
Dr. Himanshu Mehta is among the leading Ophthalmology of Mumbai. He has more than two decades of experience with over 10,000 surgeries to his credit. Dr. Mehta is an expert in Cataract, Phaco-Emulsification Surgeries and Vitreo-Retinal lasik Surgery. He is Chairman and MD of The Vission Eye Center – a super specialty eye care centre at Juhu, Mumbai. He is also a visiting Ophthalmologist at
and at Mumbai. Nanavati Hospital
Dr. Mehta completed his super-specialty training in Ophthalmology from
Houston, Texas ( ). At United
States , he was rewarded a Fellowship in Vitreo-Retinal
Lasik surgery. Here, he was also involved in studies in Excimer Laser with Dr.
Warren Cross. Houston
Before that, Dr. Mehta graduated from
accomplished his Masters in Ophthalmology from G.S.
and a M.S. (Ophthalmology) from . He was
felicitated by His Holiness Dalai Lama for being his personal ophthalmologist. And has been awarded with a Gold Medal
by the Indian Intraocular Refractive society for his contribution in the field Ophthalmology.
Dr. Mehta is among the prominent experts in Ophthalmology. He regularly lectures on cataract techniques in Indian and abroad. He has treated people from all works of life. He is experts in Femtosecond Laser treatment, an incision free eye surgeries. Femtosecond Laser is the latest state of art technique.